Call for Presentations
Deadline to submit a completed presentation proposal is October 21, 2011 5pm EST. Presenters will be notified of acceptance by November 14, 2011. Click Here to Submit a Presentation
When submitting a presentation proposal keep in mind that several tracks are offered to help guide attendees in choosing the sessions most appropriate to feed their needs. Such tracks being offered are group exercise, personal training, wellness, and a professional track. The professional track is being added this year to offer insight to fitness professionals, both novice and advance, to incorporate ideas and allow networking to occur at the management level. It will also allow those interested in becoming a fitness professional to learn more about furthering their education and following their passion.
When developing your proposal make sure to work in the theme, Inventing the Future of Fitness and how you can incorporate sustainability, technology, and fitness tomorrow into your workout, lecture, or workshop. Think outside of the box. Sustainability is more than ensuring that the environment is preserved, but also our body future is protected. Our goal is to provide education that promotes fitness and wellness as a long-term lifestyle commitment and not a "quick-fix."
Whatever route you choose be creative, be inspiring, and most importantly be you. Show your true talents and submit a presentation proposal today!
Important information regarding accepted proposals
- All presentations will be allotted for 60 minutes on Saturday and Sunday unless additional time is requested.
- Finalized session handouts are due on February 1, 2012 to be placed on the Fitness Expo website.
- Studios will be equipped with a sound system with a CD/IPOD connection and a wireless mic headset.
- Class rooms will be equipped with AV capabilities and will include a projector, standard VGA cable, sound capabilities, and HDMI hookups. You will need to provide your own Laptop. If you are using a MAC during your presentation will need to provide your own VGA adapter.
- The Group Row Studio will be equipped with a sound system with IPOD connection only and a wireless mic headset.
- The TRX and Core are will be equipped with a portable boom box with a CD/IPOD connection and no mic.
- The pool will be equipped with a sound system for iPod only. The depth range is from 4-6ft.
- The Weight Rooms and Cardio Deck will not be equipped with a sound system. Lecture presentations using projectors and TVs can be accommodated in these areas.
- Spin City, the spin studio, will be equipped with a sound system with a CD/IPOD connection and a wireless mic headset. This Studio can accommodate 2 instructors teaching and the same time and the use of visuals.
Preparing your Presentation Proposal
In order to help you prepare your presentation proposal, we have provided you with a downloadable proposal form for you to work your thoughts our before you choose to submit it. Fitness Coordinators can also use this form to proofread proposals prior to submitting them online. Please note that paper proposals will not be accepted. Click here for the paper proposal. All proposals will need to be submitted online via the webform.